KEEP THE WINE IDEALIST SUSTAINABLE – PLEASE DONATE!
The Wine Idealist is FREE to READ and FREE of ANNOYING ADS. The Wine Idealist takes many hours each week to research, write, and prepare, and ultimately costs a lot of money to sustain. If you have enjoyed this article, and many others like it, please consider making a small donation – of your nomination – to help keep The Wine Idealist independent, sustainable, and FREE to read and enjoy. Thanks!
The Wine Idealist Podcast
Listen to readings of past editions of The Wine Idealist, first published on thewineidealist.com. You can download them and listen later, or stream them directly from SoundCloud.com. If you like what you’re hearing, or have any comments/suggestions please get in touch and let me know so I can improve the format on future episodes…
- Episode One: Genesis – The Wine Idealist Origin Story
- Episode Two: WInemaking 101 – Obscured By Clouds
- Episode Three: What’s In Your Glass? – 2013
- Episode Four: Interrupted By A Thousand Candles
- Episode Five: The Young Turks or The Future of Australian Wine
- Episode Six: Secrets of the Subsoil, Mount Edward
- A Brief Interview with Alice Feiring at Rootstock 2014
Highlights from Past Editions of The Wine Idealist
- Biodynamics 101 – Preparation 500 / Preparation 501 / The Other Preparations 502-508
- To Be or Not To Be? Organic and Biodynamic Wine Certification in Australia and New Zealand.
- Observe and Report – The Antipodean Biodynamic Calendar – Brian Keats
- Natural Wine Defined – The Chicken Nugget Argument
- Avril Lavigne est le Vin Naturel – Is Natural Wine A Fad?
For anyone that enjoys the articles and narratives on wine idealism, I recommend you take a look at these books… preferably on a Sunday afternoon with a glass of real wine in your hand.
The Future Makers – by Max Allen
“The Future Makers takes you around the country and introduces you to the areas and the people shaping Australia’s wine future.”
Authentic Wine: Toward Natural and Sustainable Winemaking – by Jamie Goode and Sam Harrop
“Wine’s diversity is currently under threat from increasingly homogenized commercial wines that lack a sense of place.”
Naked Wine – by Alice Feiring
“Naked wine is wine stripped down to its basics—wine as it was meant to be: wholesome, exciting, provocative, living, sensual, and pure.”
How To Love Wine – by Eric Asimov
“Asimov evaluates the current wine culture, discussing trends both interesting and alarming, and celebrates the extraordinary pleasures of wine while, at the same time, questioning the conventional wisdom about wine.”
2 thoughts on “Listen & Read”
Well done with the podcast, it’s fantastic. Finally have something to listen to on my way to work.
Cheers, Walter… I’ve been a bit slack. Will have to get back to recording some more!